Monday, August 18, 2008




OoooHhhhh... We have had an eventful afternoon!!


As the Boys were sleeping I was cleaning and watching the Olympics and all of a sudden I hear this screeching noise.. at first I thought it was the TV, but then I heard it again, so then I thought it was the fridge, it makes that kind of noise when you forget to shut it all the way.. nope it wasn't that... a while later I hear it again but it is now longer and higher pitched! So I go from room to room to see if I smell smoke, or what the dang noise is... then all of a sudden MY WHOLE HOUSE IS SCREECHING!!!! all my alarms are going off... MAN ARE THOSE THINGS ANNOYING!!!!!!! so I grab the boys out of bed, they are SCREAMING! and i take them outside and tell them to play in the dirt, while I lay Kaser down in order to grab his chair... so he is screaming, and my body is shaking, I am thinking WHAT THE HECK!!! I call Jake and he says to call the Fire Dept. I call the city for the # and then I can't get anyone!!!! so i call the city AGAIN.. she says to call the Sherriff.. I do... they say to call Dispatch.. I do and LOW A BEHOLD...... 10 minutes later I have a Fire Engine WITH ALL THE LIGHTS AND SIRENS rolling down my street.... hence this brings EVERYONE AND THEIR dog, their cat, their fish....... etc!! to my lawn while I stand there Lookin' CUTE!! (ya right I am still in my PJ's--but my hair was done and my makeup was on!! YEAH!!) The boys were in HEAVEN with the BIG RED TRUCK , so that is good right!!??? well come to find out it WASN'T CO2.... the Kind Fireman told me "Sometimes they can not read too well due to DUST particles!! (so now I am getting the fourth degree onmy ClEANING!!!!!?????) but really I am glad I had them come, I was nervous to come inside with all the kids! So I asked the kind man "How do I pay for this??" (maybe you are all smarter than me, but with my luck these days, I just knew he was going to tell me ohhh a service call is ONLY $500.00!!!) but no, that is where our wonderful tax money comes in!!! YEAH!!!!! so anyway... now I know that I need to dust MORE, change Batteries every so often!! :) and Blah Blah Blah!!!




but all in all it was fun.... I am just glad this wasn't a REAL emergency.... And now I can check 'TAKING THE BOYS TO THE FIRE STATION' off my
"TO DO" list!!!!! :)








4 comments:

Krista said...

That is funny. I am glad you are all okay! It takes me back to the time I drove up to my house to see flashing cop lights and neighbors standing all around, but that's because Bubba bit a kid. Good times!

Arlene said...

Oh, that is hilarious!! But safety first, for sure!! I love that we have those safety devices, but I wish they would make them so they could never have false alarms, because then the next time we may think it is only "dust particles" when it is actually the real thing!!

Ashley Schoenfeld said...

Oh My Funny! YOu go Girl! That is a great one! At Least your kids didn't call 911 themselves! Oh man don't want to jinx that one! Glad you all are still laughing! Thanks for sharing!

Katie B said...

That is so funny!!! I wish I could have been a little fly on the wall! That would have been good to see!
Britton probaly LOVED it!